This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on Spam Shooting

Hi, I've been playing on the Nuketown server for months now, but recently I've been kicked for "Spam Shooting". I read the rules on the server and on this site and I'm doing my best to adhere to them but I guess I'm not 100% clear on what I'm doing that qualifies as Spam Shooting.

My best guess is I have shot at enemies I see entering smoke or I've seen moving behind walls. For example, if a player is shooting from the top floor window but as I shoot at them, they move to the side behind a wall. Is it against the rules to shoot the the player who you know is behind the wall?

I certainly don't fire my primary weapon indiscriminately into a group of people hoping to get a kill. However, there are days when my aim is off (and the other players are far better and cunning) and it may appear I'm firing indiscriminately.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

BeerChugga

Firing a couple shots isn't generally an issue, firing a bunch of rounds with no hit markers is a fishing expedition. All targets must be visible when u fire bullets. Dots on radar let you know where the enemy is, but do not qualify as a visible target. You cannot spray and pray, you cannot shoot thru objects and smoke, you cannot pre-fire (jumping corners firing hoping to hit something) you must SEE the enemy to justify shooting. Otherwise, for all we know you are wall hacking.

Comment

Thanks c2rex.

I've only been playing the game for a few months and I'm still learning the ins-and-outs of the different server rules and terminology (e.g. "wall hacking"), so I appreciate you clarifying.

Basically, don't shoot through structures, even if you know the enemy is behind it, correct?

I also read this is considered Spam Shooting on this site:

> Spamming shots involves using a large amount of ammunition irrespective of (regardless of) any visible targets.

I like using the little sub-machine guns with rapid fire. They use a ton of ammunition because they aren't as lethal as say, the Commando. Couple this with my terrible aim and it could look like spam shooting, right?

Thanks again!

Comment

"> Spamming shots involves using a large amount of ammunition irrespective of (regardless of) any visible targets." This is the "fishing expedition" I was talking about. ie a player sees an opponent move past a window but is no longer in view, they then proceed to fire into the wall in the direction they think the opponent may have moved. They contiune firing looking for hit markers hoping to get lucky. This is what that message is referring to. You run the risk of being kicked for spam shots anytime you fire without a visible opponent. Its the best judgement of the admin spectating you.

"Knowing" the enemy is behind a structure is vage. The simple answer is: CAN U SEE HIM? (Again, dots on radar don't count as a visible target). If u see the opponent (visual line of sight with your target) then Yes = ok to shoot.

No Spam Shots means 0. Not 7, not 4, not 1. Using rapid fire weapons isn't any different than single shots. Have a visible target or don't fire.

Now, you do have secondary weapons, grenades and such. You are free and clear to use those as you wish. See a dot on radar, opponent is in a room but u cant see him? You are in the clear to toss in a grenade.

As for your aim, as long a you are firing at an enemy in your line of sight its not a violation to miss your target.

There are more details on the forum that describe specifics. The basic premise behind it all is to promote a fair fight. You see him, he sees you = a fair fight.

Comment

Also Like you said Rex = Keeps away from wall hackers , Thats why Cronambs /BumRush and myself came up with this idea and to make it more a tactical server then a spray and pray server . Like when you see Crouch only servers

Maj. BadHabit
          Sr . Admin

Comment

Thanks for understanding our rules and hope you able to follow them, any questions be free to ask

Comment

Hey BeerChugga,

We appreciate you taking the time to understand the rules more fully and the respect you have extended to our members and/or admins regarding this matter.

My suggestion for you is the next time you're in the server and notice an NEC member and/or admin request to have him join you in our Team Speak channel. Just reading this thread Rex did a great job of explaining the rule but in some cases it's much better to actually hear a person explain it verbally, that way if a question arises you can ask and get a response right from the horses mouth instantly without waiting for the reply in the forums.

Best of luck,

BumRush
              Sr. Admin
              Last edited by BumRush; May 10th, 2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Hi, folks.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I cannot seem to figure out how to exactly make my request. I was kicked and banned today of the NEC Nuketown server and I am not sure why. I didn't receive any warnings (or didn't see them if I did). I wasn't spam shooting (as I understand spam shooting from this post, however I was killed a lot from wall hackers today). All my targets were visible. I've been very careful to follow the rules, so I am not sure what I did wrong.

In an attempt to follow your rules regarding this request:

What is your gaming tag?: BeerChugga

Other Information

What server were you banned/kicked from?: Call of Duty Black Ops - NUKETOWN [NEC] FAST XP

Do you understand the rules of the game server?: Yes

Would you like us to explain why you got kicked?: Yes, please. I'd like to know what I did wrong so I don't do it again (if I am unbanned, of course).

NOTES: Since having a better understanding of spam shooting from this conversation, I have not been kicked, or had any other issues or complaints. I have followed the rules the best I can, and the only thing I can think of today is I may have been a little sloppy with my shots/off my game today. Right before I got kicked/banned today, I found myself in the midst of a large number of red tags, so I was trying my best to take each out under the stairs. Perhaps that looked like spam shooting since I was trying to shoot between/around the slats of the stairs... I don't know, it all happened so fast.

Thank you for considering my request.

- Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BeerChugga View Post
                  Hi, folks.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I cannot seem to figure out how to exactly make my request. I was kicked and banned today of the NEC Nuketown server and I am not sure why. I didn't receive any warnings (or didn't see them if I did). I wasn't spam shooting (as I understand spam shooting from this post, however I was killed a lot from wall hackers today). All my targets were visible. I've been very careful to follow the rules, so I am not sure what I did wrong.

In an attempt to follow your rules regarding this request:

What is your gaming tag?: BeerChugga

Other Information

What server were you banned/kicked from?: Call of Duty Black Ops - NUKETOWN [NEC] FAST XP

Do you understand the rules of the game server?: Yes

Would you like us to explain why you got kicked?: Yes, please. I'd like to know what I did wrong so I don't do it again (if I am unbanned, of course).

NOTES: Since having a better understanding of spam shooting from this conversation, I have not been kicked, or had any other issues or complaints. I have followed the rules the best I can, and the only thing I can think of today is I may have been a little sloppy with my shots/off my game today. Right before I got kicked/banned today, I found myself in the midst of a large number of red tags, so I was trying my best to take each out under the stairs. Perhaps that looked like spam shooting since I was trying to shoot between/around the slats of the stairs... I don't know, it all happened so fast.

Thank you for considering my request.

- Matt
                  You need to post in this thread... http://www.nukeclan.com/forum/nec-se...ts-unban-forms

Comment

Working...
                  X